- Dish type
- Side dish
- Vegetable side dishes
If you're stumped with what to do with pumpkin, try this recipe. It's steamed, then tossed with soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, ginger, chilli and basil. This recipe also works with winter squash, such as butternut.
16 people made this
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon grated or chopped root ginger
- 1 dash chilli sauce or chilli paste
- 1 handful basil, chopped
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Steam the chopped pumpkin until soft but still holds its shape, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, mirin, lime juice, ginger and chilli.
- Mix the cooked pumpkin with the soy sauce mixture and serve.
If your local supermarket doesn't stock mirin, you can find it in Chinese/Oriental speciality shops or online.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Excellent, simple and fast. Of course I didn't have half of the ingredients, but managed to put the dressing together with Chinese cooking wine, lemon juice, ginger powder, sambal and dried basil.Beautiful colour too.-24 Jan 2015