We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Cake decorating
- Cream cheese icing
This is a foolproof recipe for the best tasting carrot cake ever! It's moist, tender and oh-so-delicious. It's especially good for special occasions, such as birthdays. You can also use this recipe to make cupcakes or muffins, simply adjust the baking time accordingly.
51 people made this
- 125ml olive oil
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 90g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 125g grated carrot
- 60g chopped walnuts
- For Decoration
- 1 large carrot
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 125g cream cheese
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 green jelly snakes
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:25min ›Extra time:3hr cooling › Ready in:3hr55min
- Preheat oven 200 C / Gas 6. Lightly grease and line a cake tin.
- Combine oil, sugar and eggs in bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg into egg mixture. Stir in carrots and walnuts and mix well.
- Spoon the cake batter into tin and bake for 25 minutes or until browned and skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in tin for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To decorate, using a knife shape 8 small carrots out of larger one.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of sugar in pan until it melts and turns into toffee. Add baby carrots and coat. Turn out onto baking paper and refrigerate until the toffee set. Meanwhile, cut snakes to form the tops of carrots.
- Beat cream cheese and icing sugar until well combined. Spread over the cake. Place toffeed carrots and snake tops around cake.
How to ice a cake video
Watch our How to ice a cake video and see how to ice cakes with ease. You'll be icing perfect birthday and special occasion cakes in no time!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(29)
Reviews in English (33)
really lovely moist cake, i kept mine in the fridge and it lasted a good few days!-12 Jul 2011
tunrt out lovely really pleased :0)-01 Jul 2011
A very easy recipe, everyone should try it!I was a bit worried when I combined all the ingredients as I thought it was "too wet", but I was delighted with the results. A light and fluffy cake full of taste, I also had a bit of mixture left over for a few cup cakes and they turned out just as nice. will use this recipe again-03 Nov 2010