- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
This stew has comfort food written all over it. Lamb neck is simmered with potatoes, carrots and onions until super-tender.
283 people made this
- 700g sliced lamb neck
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g onion, cut into quarters
- 200g carrot, sliced
- 400g baby potatoes, skin kept on
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 850ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 to 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- ciabatta or French bread, to serve
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:2hr30min ›Ready in:2hr40min
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Dredge meat with flour and sear in the hot pan in batches. Set aside.
- To the remaining oil in the pan, saute onion for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add carrots and potatoes, stir. Season with salt and pepper, stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Place meat on top of the vegetables. Pour over chicken stock, Worcestershire sauce and thyme. Cover the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender. Serve warm with bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(10)
Reviews in English (9)
love this , made it in my slow cooker on low for eight hours, What a welcome to come home to,-05 May 2016
A tad too salty, but that could be the Knorr stock cubes. Effortlessly simple!-09 Jul 2017
Lovely and warming, I highly recommend making this if you need some comfort!-16 Nov 2016