- Dish type
- Cakes with fruit
- Fruit cake
This is a super-easy cake to make. It's perfect for Christmas or any other time of the year.
285 people made this
- 1kg dried mixed fruit
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1 heaped teaspoon mixed spice
- 500ml pure orange juice
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:2hr ›Extra time:8hr soaking › Ready in:10hr30min
- Place fruit and orange juice into a large bowl. Stir well, cover and let soak overnight in the fridge.
- Next day, preheat oven to 150 C / Gas 2. Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Add self-raising flour and mixed spice to the soaked fruit. Stir thoroughly by hand or with a cake mixer.
- Tip the cake mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 2 hours. If the cake looks like it's browning too fast, drape with foil or brown paper and continue to cook.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(24)
Reviews in English (30)
Well, it's me again and I am getting ready to make my super easy special Christmas Cake. Don't forget the brandy!-09 Nov 2011
Used different ingredients.When I made this Christmas cake, I used 2 cups of Brandy to soak my fruit in and it was the best ever.-27 Dec 2010
Tried it in the office...gone in 60 seconds!-30 Aug 2012