- Pasta types
This is a delicious version of the classic pesto made with fresh coriander instead of basil. Serve with farfalle, or any other pasta shape.
232 people made this
- 1 (500g) pack farfalle pasta
- 1 large bunch fresh coriander
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 50g (2 oz) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 50g (2 oz) walnuts or pecans
- salt to taste
- 100ml (4 fl oz) olive oil, or as needed
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:30min
- Cook farfalle according to package instructions; drain well and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend coriander, garlic, vinegar, Parmesan, cayenne pepper, nuts and salt. Add 4 tablespoons of the olive oil, and blend. Add more olive oil until the pesto reaches your desired consistency.
- Pour pesto in a small saucepan and warm over low heat, stirring constantly, until pesto begins to simmer. Pour over cooked pasta and toss.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(202)
Reviews in English (162)
Very Garlicky but super tasty!-02 Feb 2014
this was really delicious different from the normal pesto, my family loved it, we had it with a baked potato and salad, lovely-25 Jan 2013
This may be deserving of a five, but only after some changes are made....what's up w/ the vinegar, walnuts, and cayenne?! Hubby loves cilantro, and so I remade it and I chose to change the recipe. I used 2 cups cilantro, 1/4 cup of roasted pinenuts, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, 2 tsp of salt, 2 tsp of black pepper, 1 tsp minced garlic, and 6 Tbsp olive oil. All I can say is wow...what a kick!!! Much better!!-26 Mar 2006