- Dish type
These waffles are utterly buttery and very delicious. Made for breakfast, serve with maple syrup or honey.
57 people made this
- 210g plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 250g butter, melted
- 375ml milk
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Pre-heat the waffle iron.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. In a separate bowl, beat the yolks.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the beaten egg whites, yolks, butter and milk. Whisk all the ingredients together but don't over-beat them
- Pour the batter on the iron, covering about 70% of the grid. Cook the waffle till steam comes from the iron (about 2 minutes, depending on your iron) and the waffle is golden.
- Keep the cooked waffles fresh by placing them on a tray (do not stack them) in a warm oven.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(13)
Reviews in English (8)
Very easy, great recipe. These turned out great. Absolutely delicious, we cant get enough of them and find ourselves going back to the tin for more. I put chocolate spread on some of them and strawberry jam on some and left the rest plain. Quick and easy to make! Thanks for sharing!-12 Sep 2013
WAY too much butter, the waffle iron had puddles of butter after I removed the waffles (leaving a mess to clean up). The recipe writer says to separate the eggs and "...beat them separately." Many waffle recipes call for beating the whites until they are stiff, so that's what I did, otherwise, I don't know why you'd separate the eggs? The texture was crumbly, like corn bread, not at all light & airy like a waffle should be. Plum, sorry for the less than favorable review, but this recipe just didn't work for us.-12 Apr 2015
Thank you lutzcat for the review. Tried the recipe with just over half the butter and loved it. Whipped the whites separately to form peaks and folded them in. Waffles were light and crispy, fabulous. Only 4 stars due to ? error in ingredients list-02 May 2016