- Meat and poultry
This chicken has an Indian flair to it, but it is mild and will be loved by anyone who loves the flavour of coriander. Definitely worth the work! Adjust the amount of coriander - adding up to an extra bunch - to suit your tastes.
25 people made this
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 knobs root ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 green chilli, stem and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 30g (1 oz) ground unsalted cashews
- 1 (225g) pot double cream
- salt to taste
MethodPrep:30min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:1hr15min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Remove and discard the skin from the chicken. Combine the garlic and ginger and rub over the chicken. Place the chicken in a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the coriander, cumin, chilli and lemon juice in a blender and purée until smooth, adding some water if necessary. Set this aside for later. In a separate small bowl, combine the cashews with the cream. Mix well and pour over the chicken, then cover the baking dish with aluminium foil.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until chicken releases its juices. Then bake, uncovered, for 15 more minutes, allowing the liquid in the dish to thicken slightly to a sauce.
- Remove from oven and combine the sauce in the dish with the reserved coriander mixture. Mix this well and serve over the chicken.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(21)
Reviews in English (16)
I made this dish and served it over white rice. The whole family loved it. It was quite easy to make and very tasty. For a lower fat version, substitute the cream for fat free evaporated milk or half and half.-25 Jan 2003