- Meat and poultry
This is a family favourite for curried sausages and veg. You can adjust the type of veg used according to your family's tastes. It is super simple and delicious served over rice, and can be frozen and re-heated any time, making it great for busy women/mums.
12 people made this
- 6 sausages
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 50g chicken stock granules
- dash pepper
- 375ml water (may need more)
- 100g garden peas
- 100g sweetcorn
- 60g chopped carrot
- 75g broccoli
- 100g diced potatoes
- 225g rice
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:35min
- Boil sausages until cooked - about 10 minutes - then peel the sausages and cut into small pieces.
- Add to a large saucepan the sausages, tomato puree, curry powder, stock granules, pepper, water and the vegetables.
- Leave to simmer until thickens - if there is not enough water you may need to add some more.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice your preferred way. Once the potato is cooked take the pan off the heat and serve on bed of rice.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (10)
Altered ingredient amounts.Replace chicken soup powder with 60 ml red lentils, replace water with chicken stock and replace tomato sauce with tomato paste.-15 Jun 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Half a teaspoon of curry poweder does not a curry make I'm afraid. I just tried it following the recipe (which I don't often do) and it's bland and boring. Sorry. Think I'll stick with Edmonds recipe I usually use.-30 Jan 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Altered ingredient amounts.Replaced chicken soup w/ homemade beef stock. Also added onion & garlic, sultanas & replaced tomato sauce w/ chunkier home made tomato relish. Used leftover BBQ sausages instead of boiled ones.-29 Jan 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)