- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Mushroom chicken
I just invented this chicken and rice dish one night and it has become a favourite!! Chicken, bacon, mushrooms and rice are mixed with a lovely creamy white wine sauce flavoured with mustard. You can leave out the bacon and it'll still be delish!
13 people made this
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 500g skinless, boneless chicken, diced
- 200g diced bacon (optional)
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 300ml double cream
- 125ml dry white cooking wine
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- small amount of tarragon (use sparingly)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 360g rice, cooked and drained
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 teaspoons olive oil and add garlic and onion; saute until soft. Add chicken and bacon; stir 2 minutes or until chicken is browned, then add mushrooms and stir until tender.
- Add cream and white wine, simmer 2 minutes, then stir in mustard. Add tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully add rice, until mixture is of a thick, but still easily mixable, consistency.
- Serve hot and enjoy. These proportions serve four, but by adding more rice or mushrooms, can extend to serve six.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (6)
I used bacon, not quite 200gm, it was 175gm packet, but it was plenty! I used an electric frypan and it worked wonderfully. My husband was hugely impressed with this dish, and I will be making it again!-01 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Used different ingredients.I'm not a fan of mushrooms, but I enjoy the flavour they give, so I used Cream of Mushroom soup in place of the mushrooms. I halved the cream as I thought it would be a bit too rich - especially with the soup. Turned out great!-01 May 2011(Review from this site AU | NZ)