- Meat and poultry
- Slow cooker beef
This mince stew is simple and delicious as-is, but it is also great as a base recipe to which you can add your favourite herbs and spices. Leftovers are nice to use to make pies.
545 people made this
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 600g minced beef
- 125ml water
- 1 teaspoon stock granules
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- sprig of thyme
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:4hr ›Ready in:4hr10min
- Heat oil in frying pan. Brown the onion and the garlic for 5-10 minutes over low heat, then place in the slow cooker.
- Turn the heat up and brown the mince in the frying pan.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and transfer to the slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 2 hours then turn down to Low for 2 more hours or longer.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (6)
-15 Mar 2011
this was really tasty, i added some cabbage,did some mash with loads of crispy cheese on top.-15 Mar 2011
Absolutely gorgeous! Tasted just like my Grandma's did when I was a kid. Making it again tomorrow-08 Nov 2014