- Dish type
- Side dish
- Mushroom sauce
This is an easy peasy mushroom sauce that you can serve over any pasta you like, or even freshly boiled rice. When you add the cream, stir it through then turn off the heat otherwise the cream with curdle.
11 people made this
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250g bacon, chopped
- 500g mushrooms, chopped
- 1 egg
- 300ml double cream
- chopped fresh parsley to taste
- chopped fresh chives to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:30min
- Fry the bacon and onion with olive oil and cook until onion is soft.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Crack in the egg and then mix all together.
- Add the cream, parsley and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in and turn off the burner. DO NOT overcook because the cream will curdle. Serve with fettuccine.