- Dish type
- Mini cakes
- Chocolate cupcakes
This recipe is for the adventurous at heart. There's something enticing about the combination of rich cocoa and curry spices, which leave your tongue dancing with the slightest bit of chilli tingle. I highly recommend topping these with a cream cheese frosting, topped with some grated Lindt Chilli Chocolate.
9 people made this
- 110g baking quality margarine
- 150g vanilla sugar (or caster sugar with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- 1 egg
- 120g low fat natural yoghurt
- 125ml milk
- 125g self raising flour
- 60g 100% cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 70g low-fat cream cheese, room temp
- 1 tbl butter, room temp
- 220g pure icing sugar
- 4 cubes Lindt dark chilli chocolate, finely chopped or grated
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4 and fill a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, mix together the margarine and sugar (with vanilla if using) until well combined. Crack your egg in and mix again, then pour in your milk and yoghurt, and again mix until all your liquid ingredients are mixed together.
- Sift into your liquid ingredients your flour, cocoa and spices. Beat it all together with your spoon, until smooth and rich, with a dropping consistency.
- Spoon in your mix evenly between all the cases, pop in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. They're ready when they spring back when lightly touched on the top. So if your oven runs hot, check after the 15 minute mark.
- When the muffins are out, pop them on a cake rack to cool, and in the meantime, if using, get onto the frosting.
- In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, butter and sift in your icing sugar, and using electric beaters, beat until smooth and spreadable. If you're finding it's a little dry, add 1/2 a teaspoon of milk/water, until you feel it's spreadable enough.
- Once the muffins are cool to touch, spread with frosting, and sprinkle with Lindt chocolate. Then enjoy the tingly, cool, rich taste sensation of the little beauties! A multicultural heaven.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
Altered ingredient amounts.I definitely needed to add more curry powder to get that spicy bite, delicious. Next time i am going to add broken up pieces of chili chocolate to the mixture like chocolate chips.-14 Oct 2010