- Dish type
This is an easy ice cream cake that can be made well in advance for any special occasion... Serve with fresh cherries on the side.
Be the first to make this!
- 1.8 litres vanilla ice cream
- 100g raw almonds
- 1 (80g) Cadbury Cherry Ripe bar
- 3 (35g) Nestle Peppermint Crisp bars
- 1 (40g) Mint Aero bar
- fresh cherries, to serve
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- Leave the tub of ice cream out to soften.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment and toast the almonds at 180 C / Gas 4 for 10-15 minutes.
- Allow almonds to cool and chop them finely on a board or in a food processor.
- Chop the chocolate bars into tiny pieces. (It helps if they are cold from the fridge.)
- Once the ice cream has melted, tip it into a large bowl for mixing. Add 3 tablespoons of the nuts (reserve some for the base later). Stir through the chopped chocolate bars.
- Prepare a loaf tin by wetting it and lining it with a layer of cling film.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into the tin, smoothing the top. Finally coat the top evenly with the rest of the toasted almonds.
- Cover with cling film and freeze overnight.
- To serve: Leave out for a few minutes to melt slightly, and turn upside down onto a board or serving platter. Remove cling film and slice. Serve with fresh cherries on the side.