- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
This is a foolproof chicken pasta recipe where you can't really go wrong. You can skip the veg, or add your favourites instead of what's written here. Anything from feta to Cheddar will work a treat.
12 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- handful of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 (500g) packet pasta
- 1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 300g cream cheese
- 250g cheese, diced
- salt and black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:30min ›Ready in:45min
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, bacon, leek, mushrooms, herbs and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. If you like spinach, chuck some fresh chopped leaves in at the end until wilted.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- If you like asparagus, chuck some in along with the pasta just before the pasta is finished.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and chuck in your chicken-bacon mix. Add cream cheese. Check seasoning and add salt and freshly ground black pepper if needed and add a few chopped chives if you like.
- I also chuck in some diced cheese, any type you like. Stir around over a low heat until everything’s warmed through again and eat with some garlic bread.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(3)
Reviews in English (5)
This was the first time I made this. My husband who hates vegetables ate this with no complaints. He even asked for seconds. Easy to make and instead of using feta I used mozzarella cheese. Definitely cooking this again some day.-29 Sep 2014(Review from this site AU | NZ)
This is so interesting, so different and SO delicious! Please submit more of your wonderful recipes, Madvix?-30 Jan 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)