- Dish type
- Vegetable salad
- Tomato salad
A summer classic. My version calls for tomatoes, olives, feta, peppers, onions and cucumbers, all sliced, chopped and tossed with a great dressing - red wine vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice and herbs.
171 people made this
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- handful Kalamata olives
- 75g (3 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Ready in:20min
- In a salad bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, cucumber, onion and olives.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and let sit for 30 minutes to blend flavours.
- Add feta and toss before serving.
Greek salad tips
Find out the secret to a perfect Greek salad every time with our How to make a Greek salad guide.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(166)
Reviews in English (105)
Did this salad with a moussaka recipe that I found on here. Followed the instructions and it was delicious. Thank you for sharing it.-13 Feb 2012
You have got to try this salad it is sooooo good. I was paying a lot of money for this from the local supermarket. I was so happy when I found the recipe. Gave some to my friends one didn't like tomatoes the other doesnt like cucumbers and they both said that they like this salad. One of my new signature dishes.-24 Jul 2008
This was delicious. Made a good summer supper with hummus and pitta. Thank you!-09 Aug 2015