- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken leg
If you like exotic flavours but only have a few storecupboard ingredients to hand, this chicken recipe is for you. Fab served with rice.
9 people made this
- 1kg chicken drumsticks
- 250g honey
- 45g butter
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr ›Ready in:1hr10min
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- Place all ingredients except chicken in a microwave jug. Microwave 1 minute until honey and butter melt (time taken will depend on microwave); stir to combine.
- Place chicken pieces in a roasting tin (I line the tray with foil, saves washing up later) and pour over sauce. Turn chicken pieces to coat with sauce.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for a further 30 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
Just had this for dinner with the kids - really easy for a midweek dinner. went down a storm only comment would be that next time I would cook it for longer covered so that more of the juice was left for coating at the end. served it with coriander rice and roasted peppers (not sure if this was antithetic but seemed to work)-11 Jan 2012
very nice, not too sweet and a lovely slight curry taste - my kids loved it and they hate all things curry - so there you go!! I used the sauce/cooking juices as extra sauce when serving. I also added a good dash or two of soy sauce to give it a bit of colour.-20 Aug 2012(Review from this site AU | NZ)