- Dish type
- Celebration cakes
- Birthday cake
- Birthday cupcakes
These orange and white chocolate chip cupcakes are an ideal treat for a birthday party or any other gathering. Top with grated white chocolate curls for a pretty presentation.
4 people made this
- 165g butter, softened to room temperature
- 185g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 125ml light soured cream
- 155g self-raising flour
- zest of 1 orange
- 75g white chocolate, chopped
- For the icing
- 90g butter, at room temperature
- 185g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:18min ›Ready in:38min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5 / 170 C fan. Line a 20-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat butter and caster sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, gradually beating between each addition, then stir in soured cream.
- Sift flour three times and fold flour and orange zest into mixture. Spoon batter into prepared tin, and sprinkle the cakes with chopped white chocolate.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely before icing. Spread with icing and sprinkle with coloured sugar.
- To make the icing: Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until well combined.
How to ice cupcakes
Watch our How to ice cupcakes video to see how to dress them up or down for any occasion!