- Dish type
- Seafood starters
- Fish starters
Combine the ingredients for these fish cakes in just two easy steps, then form into mini-cakes for canapes or party nibbles, or into larger cakes for a main course. See the footnote to serve with an easy Thai dipping sauce, or serve with sweet chilli sauce for ease.
123 people made this
- 500g boneless white fish (use 2 varieties for maximum flavour)
- 1 egg
- 1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
- 125ml coconut cream or milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 chopped red chillies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 150g finely chopped green beans
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:15min
- Place first 8 ingredients in food processor and combine (don’t over process).
- Remove blade, then add last 3 ingredients and stir by hand. Form mixture into patties (a teaspoon full for finger food or 1-2 tablespoons full for main course servings).
- Shallow fry the fish cakes in groundnut oil over medium-high heat. Turn when set and cook till golden. A few minutes each side for mini size, longer for larger size. (Beware... the palm sugar can cause them to burn easily!)
Serve with dipping sauce...
Combine equal quantities of crushed peanuts or cashews, fish sauce, sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce and garnish with coriander.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Wow, these taste great and are very, very authentic. In fact, despite having used this site for the last 2 years or so I have never left a comment or rated a recipe.These are so good it would be a crime not to share!!!-30 Sep 2012
Very easy to prepare and cook and they were absolutely delicious! A massive hit in our household, we served with coconut rice and a sweet chili dipping sauce.-03 Nov 2016