- Meat and poultry
- Beef burgers
These fab burgers are delicious thanks to a combo of mince and sausagemeat. Also, if you don't have plum sauce, you can use tomato ketchup, BBQ sauce or brown sauce for equally tasty results.
70 people made this
- 500g minced beef
- 300g sausagemeat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce (or any sauce you prefer)
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 pitta breads or burger buns
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 6 lettuce leaves
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:40min
- Mix meats with onion, sauce, crumbs and egg, then shape into patties and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you can even prepare them earlier in day and leave till ready to use, though cover with cling film if leaving longer to prevent moisture loss).
- Heat BBQ and turn to low heat (if using gas), and cook for about 6 or 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Warm pitta or buns in the oven and prepare the tomatoes, lettuce and onion for the burger.
Make your own BBQ sauce or use your own special sauce or chutney to serve on the burger. A slice of beetroot on the burger is delicious.
Check out our BBQ how-to guides and videos for easy tips on how to BBQ to perfection!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
These are so far the best burgers I have made and tried. I used Heinz BBQ Sauce instead of plum sauce as I did not have any and they are fabulous. Cook slowly on the BBQ so as not to burn on the outside as they need to be cooked all the way through (because of the sausage meat).-15 Jul 2013