- Dish type
- Side dish
A basic recipe for basil and sun-dried tomato pesto. Came across this recipe some time ago I think it's the best pesto around. You can add more sun-dried tomatoes if you want it more tomato-y, or fewer if you want a greener pesto.
9 people made this
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4-6 oil-packed sun dried tomatoes
- 1 medium bunch fresh basil
- oil from the sun dried tomatoes
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- Place the garlic in a food processor or blender. Add the pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes, and process until the ingredients are finely chopped and thoroughly combined.
- Add the basil, including all the soft stalks. Process until the basil is chopped and the mixture begins to clump together.
- Add the oil a tablespoon at a time, and process until combined. Add more oil till you reach your desired consistency. The sauce should have a fine, slightly grainy texture. Serve with pasta.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
Excellent - easy - tasty and oh so tasty. Thank you!-10 Aug 2012