- Dish type
Anzac biscuits are the national biscuit of Australia, a wonderful oaty masterpiece. You'll love the chewiness and the coconut flavour.
30 people made this
- 125g butter
- 2-3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 90g rolled oats
- 220g dark brown soft sugar
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 155g plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:35min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line an 18x28cm tin with baking parchment (or lightly grease the tin).
- Melt butter in a pan with 2 tablespoons of golden syrup (see footnote), and stir until combined.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour and baking powder, then add brown sugar, oats and coconut.
- Add butter mixture to dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Press firmly into the prepared tin using the back of a spoon or the bottom of a glass.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes; the top should be slightly golden.
- Cool in tin, and cut into slices.
If you decide to use three, the extra tablespoon of golden syrup will make the flapjacks more chewy.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(8)
Reviews in English (12)
Added 150g of oats as I didn't have coconut, still delicious and vey chewy!-05 Feb 2012
Altered ingredient amounts.hmmm, It just didnt seem like this slice would stay together. It was still very dry and crumbly after adding the butter. I ended up almost doubling the amount of melted butter and it ended up...OK..-25 Feb 2009(Review from this site AU | NZ)
Recipie didn't state temp so used 180C for 20 mins. Slightly reduced amt of brown sugar. Was soft when removed from oven but hardened up once cool. Excellent slice.-08 May 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)