- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Peanut butter cookies
Always a welcome treat while we did our homework after school, this recipe has been in my family for a long time. Mum used to press them down with a fork but I have pressed half a peanut into each before baking.
34 people made this
- 125g butter, softened to room temperature
- 130g crunchy peanut butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 110g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 egg
- 185g self raising flour
- peanuts, to garnish (optional)
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:12min ›Ready in:32min
- Beat together the butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add the egg, mix and gradually add the flour till it forms a soft dough.
- Roll teaspoonsful of the mixture into balls and place onto a lined baking tray, leaving room enough to spread.
- Press half a peanut into the top of each.
- Bake at 180 C / Gas 4 (160 Fan) for 10 -12 minutes until brown. Transfer to wire racks for cooling.
Make perfect cookies every time with our How to make cookies guide!
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(26)
Reviews in English (26)
Just fab will be making these again :0-24 Feb 2014
Lovely little biscuits. I added a bit more flour than the recipe stated so that they wouldn't spread much. Won't last long in our house!-20 May 2016
Delicious. Will be making these again soon-03 May 2016