- Dish type
- Mini cakes
You can make all kinds of different muffins with this muffin recipe. Use a simple strawberry jam for a family pleasing classic, or get creative - I tried a peach and amaretto jam, but other flavours of jam taste just as good.
14 people made this
- 280g flour
- 80g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 240g natural yoghurt
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 tablespoons jam of your choice
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:40min › Ready in:1hr20min
- Preheat oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Place 8 paper cases into your muffin tray.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir the egg and natural yoghurt together. Mix in the butter and the vanilla extract.
- Pour just under half of the mixture into the 8 muffin cases. Add 1 tablespoon of jam in the middle. Put the rest of the mixture on top so that the jam is completely enclosed.
- Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven until the muffins are golden brown on top. Let cool for 5 minutes, then remove them from the muffin tin.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (4)
Tasted nice.However turned out like scones.Either something is missing or wayyyy too much flour.-07 Mar 2018
I looked at several recipes for jam muffins before choosing this one, as it was lower in sugar than others. I did substitute some of the flour for dessicated coconut. They were well risen, soft and fluffy and will def make again.-13 Aug 2016
by this site
Hi connieprie, the missing information has been obtained and filled in. Sorry for the inconvenience-02 Dec 2010(Review from this site AU | NZ)