- Dish type
- Main course
- Stew and casserole
Moroccan cuisine is delicious and not at all difficult to prepare, and this recipe is no exception. Serve with couscous.
88 people made this
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 600g lean lamb, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- juice and zest of 1 unwaxed orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 175g unsulphured dried apricots
- 50g flaked almonds
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:1hr30min ›Ready in:1hr40min
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy saucepan. Saute the lamb for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes in the same pan until translucent. Put the lamb back into the pan.
- Add the orange zest and juice along with the cinnamon and honey to the pan. Add salt and pepper and add sufficient water to cover the meat. Bring to the boil. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce the temperature. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the apricots and continue cooking for 30 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over medium heat; sprinkle over the lamb to serve.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(7)
Reviews in English (4)
Excellent meal. I did this for two and over did it with the apricotes but it was still superb. I added some chopped dates and used a Morrocan spiced couscous which added to the flavours.-01 Mar 2012
Served with mint and lemon cous cous. Lovely.-21 Aug 2012
I thought this was a fantastic recipe, the only change i made was instead of cinnamon which i didn't have! i used 2 tbsp of lebanese spice mix and lamb stock which i had in my freezer.-15 Apr 2017