- Dish type
- Salad dressing
Mixed green salad served with a vinaigrette made with fresh herbs - a quick side dish that can be served with any meal. Making your own dressing might seem hard, but it really couldn't be easier!
6 people made this
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5-6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- fresh herbs - parsley, chervil, marjoram, thyme or basil - finely chopped
- 6 handfuls mixed green salad leaves
- freshly ground pepper (optional)
MethodPrep:5min ›Ready in:5min
- Mix the shallot, vinegar and salt in a small bowl, then stir in the olive oil. Add seasoning to taste and more vinegar or olive oil.
- Just before serving, mix the salad leaves with fresh herbs and then toss with the dressing. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Simple but delicious as a side salad to accompany many savoury dishes.-30 Jul 2014