- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Courgette soup
A very refined soup and so easy to make! Courgette and fennel combine with chicken stock and simple storecupboard spices for a soup that is great to make when in season.
141 people made this
- 1 fennel bulb with green top
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500ml chicken stock
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- dash of white wine vinegar
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:15min ›Ready in:25min
- Wash the fennel. Trim the top from the fennel bulb. Retain the green bits to use as a garnish. Dice the fennel bulb.
- Peel and slice the courgette into thin slices. Finely chop the onion.
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and fry the onion. Add the fennel and courgette and cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add the chicken stock and heat the soup in a lidded pan for 10-15 minutes over a low heat until the fennel is soft.
- Puree soup. If it is too thick, add a little more water or stock. Season with salt, pepper and curry powder. Add a dash of vinegar.
- Chop the fennel greens finely and garnish soup before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(29)
Reviews in English (13)
This is so simple to make, and divine to eat. My husband has now nominated this as his favourite soup. I cooked twice the amounts in the recipe so that I could freeze several portions for a quick, easy and healthy meal later. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe :-)-13 May 2014
Oh wow. I have just described this recipe as heaven food to a friend. Its seriously the nicest soup I think I've ever tasted. I ended up getting over excited and putting too much water in before pureeing, but it just tastes SO good, even thinner than I would usually like. Can't wait for work this week now, just because i get to eat this soup with crusty bread every day. TRY IT!!-04 Mar 2015
Absolutely delicious. The fennel flavour is subtle and not at all overpowering. Using the quantites given the soup was the perfect consistency after blending. Fabulous.-20 Oct 2017