- Dish type
Bruschetta is a wonderful Italian starter and takes only a minute to prepare. With in-season, sun-ripened tomatoes, the bruschetta goes down a treat!
65 people made this
- 8 slices ciabatta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, maybe more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 20 fresh basil leaves
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10hr ›Ready in:10hr10min
- Preheat the grill.
- Place the ciabatta slices on a large baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Cut the garlic cloves in half and rub the cut side on bread slices (discard garlic cloves after this).
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, olives and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the ciabatta until golden brown. Remove from the oven and top with the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(5)
Reviews in English (1)
Better if cooked for 10 minutes rather than 10 hours!-16 Sep 2011