- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
- Chocolate chip cookies
Soft and chewy cookies with crunchy Smarties and egg free too. You can use chocolate chips is your prefer :)
Cambridgeshire, England, UK
138 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 16 cookies
- 112g (4oz) margarine
- 85g (3oz) light brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- a few drops vanilla extract
- 170g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 112g (4oz) Smarties® or chocolate chips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:20min
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- In a mixing bowl cream together the margarine and sugar.
- Add the milk, golden syrup, vanilla extract, self-raising flour and Smarties to the mixture and mix well to make a thick batter a bit like a cake mix.
- Place spoonfuls onto a greased and floured baking tray/cookie pan making sure there is enough space in between so the mix can spread.
- Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy :)
I use 150 C / fan assisted as my oven is unpredictable.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (20)
loved these cookies so easy to make,the golden syrup gives them such a nice flavour. would like to try them with peanut butter in will let you know if it works!-08 Oct 2011
Used different ingredients.I had to use soft dark brown sugar as I had no light brown, but cookies were still delicious!!!!-26 Oct 2010
A little on the sweet side, but totally gorgeous cookies!Will definitely be making again-26 Oct 2010