- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Chinese five spice seasoning is made up of cloves, anise seed, star anise, cinnamon and ginger. The chicken breasts are sprinkled with this spice, marinated and baked.
40 people made this
- 2 chicken breasts, bone in and skin on
- 1 dessertspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:45min ›Ready in:50min
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with five-spice powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Wrap tightly in aluminium foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Remove foil from chicken breasts and place them in a 23x33cm (9x13 in) baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes, or until cooked through and juices run clear.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(18)
Reviews in English (15)
by G M-P
Something else.I'm Vietnamese and I absolutely love this dish. Instead of baking it, however, I fry it in a pan with olive oil. It doesn't turn out so dry that way. Wonderful served over rice with soy sauce.-15 Sep 2008
Something else.when i made this i added honey and ginger to it, this added to the chinese flavour. Even when i didnt change anything though it was still very nice. i sliced it into cubes and stir fried it, serving it with rice and a splash of soy-sauce-17 Sep 2009
Something else.It doesn't get much easier than this, and the results were pretty tasty too. Chinese 5 Spice can be a bit over-powering, so I followed the recipe's recommended marinating time of two hours, and I actually thought it was sufficient. I decided to cook the chicken on the barbecue as baked chicken can sometimes turn out a bit dry and leathery. I served it with sesame noodles, and a spring roll. Not bad at all. Thanks!-15 Sep 2008