- Dish type
- Chocolate traybakes
A really quick and easy microwave brownie recipe. The best one I've even tried, with hardly any washing up!
66 people made this
- 120g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 100g flour
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:8min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:28min
- Prepare a microwave safe, non-metallic tray by spraying it with cooking oil and ensuring it is fully coated.
- Weigh out the butter into a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave on low.
- Add the sugar, the cocoa powder, and then the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Add each egg, one at a time, and mix in well after each. Stir in the flour and ensure it is all incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tray and spread to the edges. Place in the microwave on high for 5 minutes. Then check it, it will probably need around 3 more minutes but keep an eye on it. It will be ready when it starts to shrink away from the edges. In the centre there may be a spot which looks uncooked but the mixture continues to cook while cooling so this will soon disappear.
- Leave to cool completely and then cut in the tray. Transfer to a serving plate and tuck in!
Add chocolate chips or chopped chocolate for double chocolate brownies. Alternatively add nuts for a crunchy texture.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(9)
Reviews in English (9)
This is a cheap and easy recipe to follow. the brownies tasted like chocolate fudge and cake. I did not have any plain flour so I used self raisng instead.-13 Mar 2011
i have made these loads of times and they are great aso easy the grankids can make them, i have added nuts , choc chips, whatever i have in the cupboard-07 May 2011
I was impressed by the speed and ease that this can be made with ingredients you'll have in the cupboards! Its more of a heavy sponge than a brownie but still very enjoyable!-04 Apr 2011