- Dish type
- Mini cakes
Full of peanut butter taste! And when I say jumbo, I mean jumbo - these guys are huge! You'll need a jumbo muffin tin and jumbo muffin cases to go with.
12 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 4 jumbo muffins
- 250g plain flour
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 150g peanut butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium egg
- 200ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100g peanut butter chips
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:30min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:50min
- Pre-heat your oven to its highest setting (temperature will be reduced when muffins go in). Prepare your muffin tray by lining with cases and set aside.
- Sift together into a bowl: flour, sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda, and set aside.
- In another bowl put all your wet ingredients: peanut butter, oil, egg, milk, vanilla extract and mix well.
- Sift all your dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients, when sifted add peanut butter chips and fold mixture 15 times ONLY.
- Spoon your mixture into your muffin cases so they are each a good 3/4 full and place in your oven on the middle shelf, reduce temperature to 170 C / Gas 3 and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the tops are firm to touch.
Place a roasting tray or any oven proof container full of water on the bottom shelf of your oven when baking your muffins; it will help keep them really moist.
Hold your sieve high above bowls when sifting dry ingredients; this will make your muffins really light.
To help your peanut butter chips keep their shape in the muffins, freeze them before using.
MOST IMPORTANT! Remember to only stir your mixture 15 times; this is the key to great muffins. Don't be tempted to over-stir no matter what your mixture looks like.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (3)
Used different ingredients.These are lovely. However i had sooo much batter left over, that i made a cake!! i used 7 teaspons of coco powder. (More for your own taste) 1 mashed banana. And chocolate chips. (Well chopped up chocolate bars) Just as much as i liked really. Use your judgement. I then added some water to make the mixture slightly runnier.Poured the whole thing into a cake tin.Boom!!! Gorgeous Moist, Peanut Butter, Chocolate and Banana cake!! (I use a very small cake tin, about 6" across.-07 Jun 2010
Great muffins but the quantities are way off. I got 12 good sized muffins.-26 Apr 2017
OMG! Hub Loves these. I love these. Perfect afternoon snacks. And the cake is TOP! Thankee x-07 Jun 2010