- Oily fish
With its lively fruity flavours, this mango salsa tastes so good served with seared tuna steaks. You’ll love it!
London, England, UK
6 people made this
- 8 tablespoons Rubicon® Mango Drink
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (25mm) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 (225g) fresh tuna steaks
- 1 Alphonso mango, peeled, pitted and finely chopped
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander, shopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 15g butter
- coriander sprigs, to garnish
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:30min
- In a shallow non-metallic bowl, mix together 5 tablespoons Rubicon Mango Drink with 1 tablespoon olive oil, the ginger, chilli and garlic. Add the tuna steaks, turning to coat. Cover and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix together the remaining 3 tablespoons Rubicon Mango Drink with the mango, spring onions, cucumber, red pepper and coriander. Season with black pepper. Cover and chill.
- Heat the butter with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the tuna steaks and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until done to your liking. Spoon any remaining marinade into the pan and bubble up for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the tuna steaks with the salsa.
Cook’s tip! Serve the fish with plain boiled rice or new potatoes. Try substituting the tuna for marlin or swordfish steaks.