- Dish type
- Brown bread
- Wholemeal bread
A delicious wholemeal loaf that my children love. My children enjoy making this bread as the ingredient quantities is easy to follow.
Kent, England, UK
56 people made this
- 300ml water
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 250g white bread flour
- 125g wholemeal flour
- 3 tablespoons dried milk powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin and sunflower seed mix
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:3hr ›Ready in:3hr5min
- Put ingredients in bread machine in order shown. You can add the seeds from the start or add them at the beep to indicate the second kneading phase.
- Select basic or white cycle. Use medium crust colour. Makes 1 1/2 lb loaf. Remove from pan once done and cool on rack for 1 hr before slicing or bagging.
You can use all white flour if wanting a white seeded bread. You can also substitute the seeds for the ones you prefer but beware of adding too many as this can make the bread not rise so well.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(11)
Reviews in English (10)
Soft, moist and well risen loaf. Will certainly make again.Thanks.-17 Jan 2011
Dead-easy and simple recipe :DI baked it in a pre-heated oven on low heat (gas mark 3)), and I used regular flour (mixed plain flour & self-raising flour).Result: Nice bread with a brown crust on the outside and soft & spongy inside.. Lovely! I also added plenty of sunflower seeds in the dough, and 2-3 tbs olive oil on the top just before I put it in the oven.-23 Feb 2015
Great all purpose loaf. Slices well for sandwiches and makes lovely toast. Perfect size for my bread maker which only bakes a 400 gram loaf.-06 Nov 2013