- Meat and poultry
- Cuts of chicken
- Chicken breast
All the flavour of fajitas but in a cosy stew. If you prefer something more like a soup, double the amount of tinned tomatoes.
3 people made this
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 450g skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 1 (30g) packet fajita seasoning mix
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 fresh chilli, cut into thin rings
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (400g) tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- spicy chilli sauce, to taste
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:55min ›Extra time:1hr15min › Ready in:2hr30min
- Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Place chicken in the hot oil; cook, stirring only occasionally, until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle fajita seasoning over the chicken and stir well to coat. Add the slices of pepper, chilli and onion to the chicken. Stir and cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the tomatoes and chicken stock into the pot with the chicken and vegetables. Bring the soup to the boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the soup with chilli sauce, salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Made this for first time today. loved it, smelt great and tasted great. used 600g of chicken rather than 450g. This dish only served 3 people, served with rice and tortilla chips. Dont know how it could serve 10 really. Fantastic dish though which I will probably make again and again. Thanks for sharing.-26 Nov 2011