- Dish type
- White bread
Eaten cold or hot this cheese and tomato bread makes good eating any time of the day for breakfast or a quick snack.
Leicestershire, England, UK
3 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 1 Loaf
- 80g hydrated sun-dried tomatoes
- 200ml water from soaking sun-dried tomatoes
- 50ml milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 300g strong white bread flour
- 150g plain flour
- 50g oak smoked cheese, grated
- 25g butter or margarine
- 70g strong white Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dried baking yeast
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Extra time:5min › Ready in:40min
- Hydrate sundried tomatoes by soaking in water for a few minutes. Place water and milk into bread machine, add the salt and half the flour, then add the tomatoes, oak smoked cheese, butter and 25g of the Cheddar, then add the yeast.
- Place the bread maker on the dough setting. This should take around 1.5 hours.
- Place into a oiled loaf tin and leave to prove until double in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Place in pre heated oven at 180 C / Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes.
- Cover with the remaining cheese and replace back into the oven for a further 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Try using other cheese such as Parmesan.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
Amazing bread. Family loved it, will definitely make again.-13 Aug 2014