- Root vegetables
Really easy recipe to follow with amazing results. Potatoes are baked in garlic cream until browned on top.
Hampshire, England, UK
19 people made this
- 2 medium potatoes
- 300ml (1/2pt) double cream
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated cheese (optional)
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:35min
- Cut the potatoes into quarters and lightly boil in salted water for 12 minutes until nearly cooked but still quite firm.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas 4.
- When the potatoes have cooked, drain them well. Pour the cream in to a pan, add the chopped garlic and season well with the salt and pepper. Place the pan on a low to medium heat.Slice the potatoes as finely as you can. Remove the cream from the heat the minute it starts to boil.
- Smear some oil round the oven proof dish. Arrange half the potatoes in the base of the dish. Add half of the cream. Arrange the remaining sliced potatoes as a second layer then pour over the remaining cream. The potatoes should be just below the top of the dish. Gently firm down the potatoes and cream.
- Put the dish in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes cooking turn the dish so that the potatoes cook evenly.If the cream has bubbled all over the potatoes and they have not browned, sprinkle a thin layer of grated cheese over the top and put under a hot grill until browned.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(4)
Reviews in English (4)
This is a really easy recipe to follow and the dish tastes great. I tried it with Beef Wellington and Green Beans and it went really well.-29 Apr 2010
Very easy to make and it was very nice, but it was just lacking a little something, but being far from an expert, I'm not sure what. But I will make again.-22 Sep 2010
Made this as part of our Valentines dinner. It was amazing and so easy. I found it took a little longer to cook than the recipe said . Sprinkled cheese on top. Very rich you don't need a lot. Definitely recommend making this.-15 Feb 2017