- Dish type
- Biscuits and cookies
Here is my really easy recipe for jam biscuits. Also, try experimenting with different cutter shapes.
Northamptonshire, England, UK
9 people made this
IngredientsMakes: 18 biscuits on average
- 175g (6oz) unsalted softened butter
- 175g (6oz) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 275g (10oz) plain flour
- jam to cover the biscuit base
- 2 tablespooons icing sugar
MethodPrep:1hr ›Cook:15min ›Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:1hr25min
- Firstly preheat your oven to 170 C / Gas 3, then line 2 baking trays with baking parchment. Then place the butter, sugar, vanilla extract and lemon zest in a food processor and blend until nice and smooth.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and flour to the processor and mix again until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs, empty the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead until the dough is nice and smooth. Flatten the dough into a circle, and then wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for 45 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough out to about 3mm thick, and using a cutter cut out as many biscuits as you can. And then using a smaller cutter, cut out the middle on half of the biscuits, and then place these on the 2 baking trays, leave some room between the biscuits as they will expand in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until they are golden brown, and then leave them to cool on the baking tray for 2 minutes before putting them on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the biscuits are cool, spread the bottom biscuit with jam, and sprinkle icing sugar over the top biscuit. Then press the two biscuits together, and enjoy.
See it on my blog
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
Was a good simple recipe bit sticky x x x 0>-21 Apr 2011
good basic biscuit recipe - excellent to make with children - lots of fun - just don't roll mixture too thin or try to make elaborate shapes - very fiddly - best to stic to round biscuits fairly thick-06 Feb 2011